Photography

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When Life Begins



I have started college this week. It has been a mix of many emotions, most of which I never thought that I would experience whilst going to college. Home has been my biggest problem. I miss it terribly. More than I thought that I would. I knew that I was really close to my family, and I knew that I would miss them but I did not expect the amount of emotion that I felt being seperated from my parents. I wanted to just pack up all of my things and move back home. I did not think that college was going to be fun, and I did not think that I was going to enjoy the year at all. I was already planning ways of tranfering and schools that were closer that I could attend while staying at home.

But after sticking it out I realized just how much I did like college. I do still miss home, quite a lot, but I began enjoying college and all the things that come along with that. I've realized that there is a point when you do have to grow up. Where, no matter how much it does hurt, you must seperate from your parents and begin to become your own person. I have to realize who I am on my own. I can't always have my parents there to guide me and make all of my decisions. There is going to come a point when I am going to have to decide where I want to go, what I want to do, who I want to date, and how I want to live my life. And its not up to my parents to make those decisions. They raised me, and now it is time for me to take all that I have learned and apply it to my life and be strong about it.

So I am going to take this year of college, and I am going to embrace it. I am going to take oppurtunity for the most I can, be the best I can be, and live life the way God intended me to.

No comments: