Photography

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wonderings...


Lately I have been having some serious thoughts about my future. When I tell people what my major is, they will ask me what exactly it is that I would like to do with my major once I get out of college. I tell everyone that at first I will most likely do some behind stage work at a theater. Then hopefully I will get into designing and then directing. And then my big dream is to own a theater someday.


I can't help but feel silly while telling people my dream in life. I know that is a really large dream, and that it seems nearly impossible. When telling people this, I see the scrutiny in their eyes and the judgement flash across their face, like, 'Does she really think that that is ever going to happen?' And I know it may seem like that to many people. Even sometimes to myself it just seems like a pipe dream. More and more everyday I think about what goes into making a business, all the guidelines and rules that you have to follow, hiring and firing people, paying people, paying all the bills, getting inventory and stock on all the things that you need, advertising, and on top of it all, there is what I want to do with the theater. I want to write, I want to direct, I want to coreograph. This is all so much and so HUGE.


But then, I realize, that God is the One who had put all of this upon my heart, and he is the One who has given me this dream to follow. In 1 Corithians 10:13 it says: "No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it." I know this verse is common for those who are going through trials in their lives, and those who feel like the world is crashing down upon them. But I also feel that this verse can apply here as well.


God has given me a dream, and a big one at that. He would not have given me this dream, if it were not something that I could handle, and if it were not something that was feasible for me to do. Now, from where I am in life right now, no I could not do this. But this is why God takes you on a certain path, and a certain course in life. So that you can grow and build yourself up in Christ, and so you can become who you need to be, to fulfill God's plan.


Just remember, that no matter who you are or where your at that God's plan is never too big. He is the creater of the heavens and the earth, and the sky and the sea. And he can help you, to follow your (and his) dreams.

No comments: