Photography

Monday, August 1, 2011

Awhile

So ya... not going to lie, its been awhile since I last blogged.  And I'm sure the five of you that follow have been devastated (insert sarcastic face here).  But the time of summer has quickly been slipping past me without my realization and now I am almost two short weeks away from leaving home.  And not leaving home as in; I'll be home every other weekend.  Leaving home as in, pack the boxes, reserve the hotels and make your flight plans for the next visit leaving.  And let me tell you...  I am scared to death.

Things have been going good this summer.  I have been working like a maniac to try and make some money for this upcoming semester, and yet I seem to have less than when I started.  Isn't that the funny thing about money, is that it always seems to leave a whole lot faster than it comes in.  And somehow I just can't figure out where all of this money is going to.  I guess having your car break, gas prices go up, among other miscellanous things can sure dwindle the savings.

Plans are commencing for our three day journey to Florida and I'm getting pretty excited.  My best friend, sister and I are going to be road tripping it up as I head to school, and boy a road trip is never dull with us.  I'm praying for safe travels of course and hoping that my Ford dosn't live up to its name (Found on Road Dead).  Car troubles I feel are one of my biggest fears.  I mean, I'm pretty handy with a car; I know how to check and change my oil and I know how to change a tire.  But while I'm driving down the road, if I feel the engine start tumbling a little bit, or if the car shakes just a tad a million thoughts start racing through my head and the end image is me sitting on the side of the road with my car in flames next to me.  Dead serious.  I am manically afriad that my car is frequently going to burst into flames.  I guess its the creative side of me getting to work.  But still I am praying to the Lord often that I don't blow up on my way to school (or hit any more trash cans... please ask me in person for I do not want to explain this story)

Story of the Day though:  This morning it was the day after my birthday and that means that I had just had a night full of a family gathering and the memories that ensue.  That got me to thinking about all of the family times that I am going to miss because I will be living so far away.  I was getting a little sad and teary eyed and my mind just kept going across all of the bad things that come from my going to school.  Thats when TaDa (one of my favorite people at work) came in and started to talk to me.  He immediatley asked me about school and the details.  There was this girl in the office who was on the phone with her mom for about an hour or two in tears because she was so homesick she was making herself physically sick.  After she gets off the phone Tada has me go with him (rules of two counselors to one child) while he takes her in the lounge to talk to her.  While there he begins to tell her that; its hard to leave home.  That he is 3,000 miles from home and he misses his parents so much.  And then he says the one thing that is the biggest duh, but the most profound thing.

"Your supposed to miss them, they're your parents, they gave birth to you"

Right there.  I always felt so guilty about missing my parents and family.  Like it made me less of an adult.  Like I was too attached.  Like there was something wrong with me.  But there it was, its ok to miss them.
  I love Tada.  He makes my day and he makes me smile.  Its like he always knows what to say.

And then from then, all the good things about school kept popping in my head.  And now I am excited to go again.  And good news to all who know my hoarding habits; I think (besides clothes) I have like one and a half boxes of things that I am bringing.  Oh ya, I am giving myself helf therapy to fix my problem.  :)



Happy Monday.  Enjoy it.

1 comment:

NeroEntroBlaster said...

Yay! Comments! :D I wanted to comment on this line: "I always felt so guilty about missing my parents and family. Like it made me less of an adult. Like I was too attached." I feel guilty because I don't miss so many friends and family. Makes me feel like less of a person. Everybody misses people, but I don't really miss people.