Photography

Monday, March 28, 2011

Did you Know?

Did you know, just how amazing God is?  Did you know, just how much God watches over us, and has this amazing intricate plan for our lives?  I didn't.

I've been a God fearing Christian all my life.  I have gone to church, I've read my Bible, and I've said my prayers.  I've had moments on the mountain tops and I've spent lots of time looming in the valleys.  But never did I know that God can work in the ways he does.  Maybe I knew it, but I never really WHOLE heartedly believed it.

I'd heard stories of people saying that God is leading them here, and that God spoke to them.  I've heard that this is the plan for thier lives and God had put it on their heart that this is right.  I've heard it all.  From Pastors, and missionaries, and friends.  But this is one thing that I have never experienced.  I don't know why that is. 

I used to spend all of my prayer time asking God to show me his will on my life.  To bring some sort of miraculous knowledge to my mind that I would know.  I would beg the Lord to tell me if a certain guy was the right guy, The One.  And I would never get my answer.  I would ask and ask the Lord, to please tell me which road to take out of the vast majority of winding trails.  Never would I know which to take.  I had my suspisions of what would make me happy and what would be the best path to take, but I had never felt the move of God on my life.  .Maybe I was too young, maybe I was not keen to the voice of God.  Maybe I was asking, but I wasn't really listening.  Who knows.

What I do know?  Is that God DOES move.  He can tell you, or he can put a move on your heart, or he can decide to leave you completely out of it and change the world around you to force it upon you.  However he decides to do it, he moves in our lives.  He moves in His timing, in His way.  And after eighteen years of life, I am standing completely in awe and amazement at God. 

I've done the church camp, where you feel the fire and the move on your life.  I've done the powerful sermons that put a yearning in your heart, and make you feel something.  I've done the struggling and feeling Gods love through it all.  But now, NOW its different.

I have this unbelievable passion for God.  I have this fire behind me that is making me feel things in a whole new light.  For once, the instanse when my future is the hardest and most scary, all I can feel is happiness, contentedness (is that a word?), love, and God.  He is moving in my life and I can feel it.  He's changed my world, he's moved my heart, and he's spoken in my life.  I'm at a point, and a high in my relationship with Him that I have never had before.

Today I was listening to worship music on my way to work, and I had gotten there a little early so I decided to listen to one of my favorites again while sitting in the parking lot.  So I moved my chair back, cranked up the volume and closed my eyes.  I let the serenity of the Holy One wash over me and consume me.  My head was completely empty except for the sounds of the twinkling piano and guitar and my thoughts of my gracious God.  When the song was over I opened my eyes and breathed a deep sigh of wholeness that filled me up.  All I could say was Thank. You. God.

God is here.  With me.  And I am in Love.  Period.  And I wanted you to Know.

No comments: