Photography

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Realization

So many of you know that this past week I was on a trip to Florida.  I've decided to sum up my trip in one word phrases.  I will explain a little later, but first, just let the words tell the story.  Feel free, let your mind wander.

Flying, ears, pain, late, shorts, cooking, beach, roxanne, GPS, Bi-polar, Idiot, St. Augustine, cool, pew-pew-pew, ow, schizofrania, early, Southeastern, love, God, prostitute, newbies, late, GPS again, bye.

........................................................................................

I flew on my very first plane last Thursday.  It was quite an experience.  I loved it a lot, and I was very stoked to cross off my very first item on my bucket list.  Another thing that awed me was the sun.  In the Quad Cities it was a rather doom-and-gloom day.  But once we were up in the air we got past the clouds and into the sun.  It was like a pure wall of dark clouds and then this big bright sun.  God does some awesome art work.  Try and beat that Van Gough.


But then at the end of both of my flights I got a pain in my ears.  Now I know the first thing that is going to come out of your mouh, 'you should've chewed gum!'  I am here to tell you that I was chewing gum.  I was chewing it vigorously.  My jaw hurt because I was chewing my gum so hard to try and get this pain to go away.  But it didn't.  It got worse and worse.  It felt like someone was stabbing my ears with knives, and I was literally sitting there in tears because it hurt so bad.  I thought it was interesting and made flying a little less fun.

I got there at 1230 and we didn't get to Anna's till 330.  Needless to say, I was exhausted.  We did a lot of cooking all week long, which was a blast.

We went to the beach, which was 15 minutes away from Anna's home.  And we used her GPS (first the husband GPS, then the real one) and it took us 2 and a half hours to get to that stinking beach.  It was insane.  Then on the beach we met Roxanne (who we named) and she thought she was some hot stuff on this beach.

*picture to come of dear Roxanne*

Then on the way home, Anna thought she was smarter than the GPS but got us lost.

I finally went on a college visit to the college that I have wanted to go to for three years.  I am so happy that my very dear friend encouraged me to go and look at it, because it is going to change my life.

I went on the visit and I fell in LOVE.  The campus is beautiful, the people are great, and God is everywhere!  It was like, everything I've ever been looking for in a school.

I feel like I've been on a journey the past few months.  I started walking down this path and God laid out a puzzle peice in front of me.  He then told me to pick up this puzzle peice and continue on.  Don't question the puzzle peice, don't worry about it.  Just pick it up, remember it, and keep on going.

Then while I'm walking, I come upon another puzzle peice.  Slowly I begin to pick up more and more and suddenly I have this little stash starting to form.  Then I got to Southeastern and God took all of these puzzle peices from me and laid them out before my very eyes.

He showed me my past, my present and my ever dear future.  He showed me what my life will be like.  He showed me what he wanted from me, and what he wanted for me.  I saw it all so clearly, and there wasn't even a question in my mind.

I always thought that if the day ever came when I would make this decision that there would be some sort of questioning, or worrying.  Its a big decision to move so far away.  But when its right, its right.  God totally put my heart at ease, and that was the final peice in the puzzle.  I knew; beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is right,

I prayed and prayed and prayed that I would be able to know what I was supposed to know.  That God would speak to me, and boy did he ever.

I am now at the point where I am excited for what is going to come, and I can hardly wait.  A lot of you may have different points of views on this, but let me tell you this-

God is greater than distance
     God is greater than your fears
           God is greater than your connections
   God knows what will make you happy
                            GOD knows, and he'll let you in on the secret if you ask.

God spoke this to me while I was sitting in Chapel at SEU:

              'You are God, of all else I'm letting Go'

And that is exactly what I'm doing.  I'm letting go of my fears, I'm letting go of my firm grasp on my family and friends, I'm letting go of what I do not know, I'm letting go of me and I'm giving it all to God.  This is my life, and I am loving it.

I   c a n n o t   e x p l a i n   t o   y o u   h o w   e x p o n e n t i o l l y   h a p p y   I   a m   r i g h t   n o w.

No comments: