Photography

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baggy Sweatshirts and Mis-matched Socks

Tonight when I got home after a long non-stop day of school-work-church-friends, I was in a certain mood.  Today has been a busy day, and it has also been a grand day.  I love it when I have good days that just put me in an awesome mood.  So my certain mood was a mood of euphoric comfy happiness.  And when I am content, and comfy, what I want most is my biggest baggiest most comfy sweatshirt, and my mis-matched fuzzy socks.  They make me feel like I am young, and cozy.  So when I got home thats what I put on, and thats what I'm wearing now.

Most days when I am at work, I get irritated with children and people, and I'm just a grouch that scolds kids all day.  But today I didn't feel like scolding, today I felt like playing.
 I felt like being a young spirited child and hoola hooping and jump roping.  SO I DID.  And I loved it.  I played with the children and I laughed with them and had a grand time.  It made work so much more enjoyable.
 I was even in such a good mood that at movie time I went to the kitchen and got them all a snack.  And usually I am putting kids in time out and telling them to stop talking and watch the movie.  Today I smiled as they laughed and talked and bit the heads off of their animal crackers.  And then one kid taught me how to play Blackjack, and I won.



Then I got to spend some time with my favorite people.  We swang on the swings and laughed and sang, just like we used to six or seven years ago.  Oh, and I won the swinging contest too.

Small groups at Youth tonight were amazing!  Me and Mary went to the store and got them Cream Soda, and then we just sat outside drank our sodas, ate our M and M's and talked about God.  (and swated quite a few mosquitos, I guess its time for those again!)  We laughed at eachother, told stories, and had some pretty in-depth talk about God and his desires for us.  It was awesome, and it left me feeling happy and filled.  These girls are more than some Junior Highers to me.  I'm beginning to love them.  I have a special place for them in my heart and I genuinely enjoy spending time with them every week.  They are some awesome people that God is going to move through.

Then afterwards we had a leader game of Football.  We were yelling at eachother, and making up songs to taunt eachother (to the tune of brittney spears), and Mary was speaking in spanish all night and let me tell you; we actually played some decent football.  And at the end, we both won because it was tied.

So today...

  I played
                    I laughed
                                          I sprinted
               I danced
                                                        I was a child
      I was carefree
            I was in my baggy sweatshirt and mis-matched socks.
                                 
                     I WAS GENUINLEY HAPPY.
Its been awhile since I have had a full complete day of bliss.  And it was wonderful.

As for your second update, I continued with the journal reading today.  Still hilarious and eye opening.  I was reading one part during nap time and it was all I could do to keep from bursting out into laughter and waking up all the children.  Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"d. I could still try to break them up.
e. but I know that will do nothing.
f. But I could try to win him over.
g. but that would be betraying my best friend."

"I have to pee, and this movie is boring"

"I realized that we both have a lot in common:
       - we both like cheddar and sour cream chips
       - we both hate nuts on thing"
     ^
     |
(Ridiculous right?)

"You know what I figured out?  It's a little hard to play hard to get when the guy doesn't want you."

"OMG, he put his hand on my shoulder <3"

"Man I really don't feel good.  What if I die?  Oh no."


I've got to admit that last one is my all time favorite.  That't the one that got me going at nap time.  I love reading this stuff.  Its like I'm reliving my adolesance (totally didn't spell that right)


Totally blissed out right now.  Spring in the air, Three sleeping dogs on me, FRIENDS on the T.V., and my baggy sweatshirt and mis-matched socks.

Life is Grand.  Happy Wednesday Everybody.

No comments: